Early intervention can help prevent future problems as your child develops.
Consider taking your child to a feeding therapist if:
- Your child has complex medical needs and you want them to see a therapist with specialized training and experience treating your child’s specific condition(s);
- You are frustrated because you’re seeing no or slow progress with other therapists;
- You believe your child needs more frequent therapy than your provider or county’s Birth to Three program can provide;
- The providers covered by your insurance have waiting lists and you do not want to wait months to get started;
- You would like your child to be seen by the same therapist at each visit;
- Your provider is only offering virtual therapy due to COVID-19 and you believe your child would benefit more from in-person therapy.